Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day dinner at Cafe De Paradiso

So, initially was intending to treat mom for vegetarian mother's day dinner. Then, I asked her if she wants to ask my grandma along, as the previous night when they celebrate mother's day with the other aunts and uncles, we were not there. Decided on this Cafe since it's near my grandma, and I have been wanting to try it. Last minute, mom asked my neighbour along, as her sons are not taking her to any dinner and will be alone at home. Lucky us, mom friend drove us to my grandma's. Ended up cousin came along too.

WRONG CHOICE

Here's the bad experience. Before we were seated, we ordered our food first cause we know it will take awhile to be done. We ordered around 7.45pm. The claypot yi mee came, without any utensils. Mom self-serviced to get it. Then, vegetarian sharkfin soup came. Without any small bowl as well. They just dump the big bowl here and went off. Until we call out. After that, the cereal prawn came. We just stared at it cause our rice wasn't here! Halfway, the table beside us asked for two water, and the waitress slam the drinks on our table without checking and went off. We have to pass the drinks ourselves to the next table.

This is one thing I am most mad of. After nearing to 8.45pm, I checked with the waitress on the rest of our dishes, if she have missed out ordering it. She assured me it's on the way. And went off. Shortly, I saw the chef shouting to her, asking her HOW MANY BAKED RICE IS NEEDED, AND SHE ANSWERED THREE. So what is this? ON THE WAY? You didn't even send the orders to the kitchen in the first place! My mom, cousin and neighbour was very hungry already. The baked rice only came at over 9pm. It took over 1 and a half hour for their supposedly dinner to come.

Then at first, we ordered satay as well. I saw them serving a few to other tables, and stopped. Until I checked with them as well, and they said it's coming. After very long awhile, I saw them mass serving the satays. Like what? Shouldn't you serve based on the table's order instead of mass producing then serving them all at once and let the tables that ordered first wait so long?

I ordered an Ice Chocolate and Banana Chocolate, and after awhile, the Ice Chocolate came. After waiting, I checked again, and they forgot my Banana Chocolate...

The very last dish came, potato cheese balls. When we were already done with other food at like 9.30pm which is their closing time. We thought they forgot this again, and never bothered to ask them.

And the bill. What to expect? More problem. I checked through and saw a smoothie, and a cappuccino charged to us. Then I saw 12 cups of plain water charged to us as well. 5 person drinking 12 cups of water. You kidding me? We came for water buffet? They just mixed up the table's bills and anyhow charge! Ended up they overcharged us over $10+. So glad I checked the bill. Normally, I don't.

Total bill came up to $95.

Totally feel so heart pain. Not cause of the money, but we have to pay for the unpleasant experience, and making my mom and others suffer with empty stomach for so long. When it's supposed to be a celebration.

Will I ever go back again, NO. Unless someone wants to treat, and it's not during peak hour time.
In my opinion, if they can't handle so many customers, then don't open so many tables.
Although the food was not bad.

The only picture I took when we just settled down. Nice ambience though. Then I never bothered to take photos of their foods after that. Was already fuming mad.

Mom and cousin



P/S: Don't get plain water next time if you wanna go. They charge us 50 cents per cup, and never bothered to let us know when we ordered it, never thinking it's so expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment