Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pet Expo SG 2014

Went for the Pet Expo SG with Eileen today! It started on 28th Feb and will end at tomorrow, 2nd March. 
I bought our tickets online at $3 each and redeem it at the location itself. Thank god we bought in advance as there was a long queue to buy it. 

There were cats from Cat Welfare Society that is available for adoptions over there. 





Then some booths that sell majority of dog foods, accessories, grooming, health / skin / dental care products. Almost everything. 




They also had a space for the agility training and competition! 






I actually chose to go on a Saturday because I wanted to see Amber the Golden Retriever. They were supposed to come at 4PM however, by 3PM+ we decided to leave. 
The place was just too boring. Probably because we had no dogs with us. There was almost nothing for me to buy or redeem as I am strict on Cookie's diet, we couldn't buy or get freebies on food which most of them consist of either raw, deer, beef, kangaroo, duck and etc ingredients. 

I wanted to buy his shampoo as it was cheaper there but my brother told me not to. As we just bought a new one that is going to last very long. As for his kibbles, there were 20% off discount. Final price was $19. I buy from online store at $20 and I have free delivery to my doorstep. Why save that $1 and lug that heavy kibbles all the way back home? 

I was trying to find this

over there, but to no avail. Another disappointment. 
Wanted to buy clothes for Cookie too, but as expected. There were only sizes for small breeds. 

I was very reluctant to leave the place without buying anything for Cookie. After all, we paid the entrance fee and went all the way there. So I bought a bone shaped chew toy at $11.2
Look at his face. As if saying 'What? Only one toy?!' 

Anyway, it didn't even last. Less than 15 minutes of chewing:
And the sales person told me it can withstand the chews from dogs... 
So upset that even the only gift I got for Cookie had to be thrown to the bin.


What I hate was the organizing on the items for sale there. Although I understand that they had to go booth by booth as there were different sellers. But I did prefer they divide the hall by items' category. Like foods one area, health care one area etc. It would be much more easier for us to screen through and compare with other brands. 

Ended up we had to go round and round just to see and compare a particular item, then continue this way for other items. 

I was intending to save the transport money on cabs if I were to bring Cookie there to buy stuffs for him (which I didn't). So I ended up feeling regretful that I did not bring him there. 


I might still go for 2015's. But this time, I'll bring Cookie along since I know there's nothing there for me to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment