Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Habitat Coffee & Tim Ho Wan

Just another short reviews of a cafe and restaurant which both, was my first try.


Last week, I had my brunch at Habitat Coffee, located at Upper Thomson, just opposite of Udders.  

"The Big Ben" - $14
salad, scrambled egg, sausage, hash browns, mini pancake and hollandaise sauce

At a weekday, and 2PM+, it was a full house even with waiting list for some others. 
My first impression of the place wasn't on how the interior looked like but how squeezy the cafe is. I'm guessing like most other F&B business, they hope to have as many tables as possible to be able to hold more customers. I couldn't even have a proper short chat with my friend as the tables between each other was too close and uncomfortable. I constantly hear people saying 'excuse me' in order to pass through behind me, as I was sitting by the door. 

Food: 
It was okay, not bad but neither was it extremely tasty. I like the hash browns though. 
Overall, not worth $14 for it. 

I would still hope to go back for a try on others in the menu, provided the cafe isn't overcrowded. 


Yesterday, I met up with my smallest aunt, her two kids and grandmother with my mom. Went all the way to Jurong, Westgate just to try out Tim Ho Wan! Yes, I haven't tried it before. I'm just not willing to queue for it. We met at 11AM, though we arrived a little late. The rest were already in queue and we only got a table at near to 12PM.


Bad lighting as it started to rain and I would prefer natural sunlight. 


Congee

Pan Fried Carrot Cake

Vermicelli Roll with Shrimps 
this was good! 

Har Gau 
another favorite!

Siew Mai
which came toppled 

Fried fish with some kind of salad sauce
which I didn't like it

Beancurd Skin Roll with Pork and Shrimps

Baked Char Siew Bun 
which is the reason on why I wanted to try Tim Ho Wan! 

Honestly, I was disappointed with the size of it. I thought it would be bigger though. The taste was pretty good, but wasn't up to what I expected. Maybe as I hear so many good reviews about it, my expectation went further up. 

I guess I still prefer the traditional steamed kind with soft fluffy bun.


Mango Pomelo Sago 

Red Dates and Chrysanthemum Jelly

Total price was $60+. Which I find it quite reasonable.
I will still go back for some of the dim sums that I like, but not with the long queue.


Side note, I had breakfast for dinner yesterday due to the whole day breakfast from McDonald's! Would love it if they offer this often.


Habitat Coffee:

Tim Ho Wan (Westgate):
3 Gateway Drive #01-13/14
Westgate, Jurong East
Singapore 608532
Tel: (65) 6686 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment